Thanks to the consolidated experience of Dr. Lucio Buratto, the clinic CAMO is the leading excellence center in Italy for the treatment of cataract.
Cataract: solid experience
Cataract appears with age and can be described as the progressive opacification or clouding of the eye’s natural crystalline lens.
To date, phacoemulsification using the femtosecond laser – (femto-cataract) – has been the method used to remove a cataract.
Dr. Lucio Buratto was one of the first Eye specialists in Europe to use phacoemulsification, an avant-garde technique for the removal of cataract, and was the first to use the femtosecond laser. He is one of the world’s leading Ocular surgeonss, specialized in cataract surgery.
- He was a pioneer in the use of artificial crystalline lenses;
- In 1987, he published the book “Chirurgia extracapsulare della cataratta ed impianto di lenti intraoculari da camera posteriore“ [Extracapsular cataract surgery and the implantation of intraocular lenses in the posterior chamber], that for many years was considered to be the reference book for these treatments across the world;
- Buratto was one of the first surgeons to perform sutureless cataract surgery and to implant foldable artificial lenses, with the operation performed under topical anesthesia (anesthetic eyedrops) in an outpatient setting;
- In 2013 he published the book “Chirurgia della cataratta con laser a femtosecondi e facoemulsificazione“ [Cataract surgery with the femtosecond laser and phacoemulsification];
- Every year in Milan, Dr. Buratto and his staff organize Videocatarattarefrattiva, the most important Italian conference on cataract surgery with the participation of the most important international surgeons.
In CAMO, the latest generation of techniques and the avant-garde instruments are enhanced by the extraordinary experience matured by Dr. Buratto and his team of expert Eye professionals.
To find out more about cataract treatment, please visit our dedicated section.